How to Change the Page Template in WordPress
Page templates can be applied only to pages, in order to change their aspect. It can be applied to a single page, a page section, or to a group of pages.
Your Theme files should include a default page template (named: page.php). It may also have one or more custom page templates, for instance, to display content in wider columns.
If you need more information about Page Templates, check the following link.
Changing a Page Template
There are 2 scenarios we have to take into consideration:
- Change the template of an existing page
- Change the template of a new page
First scenario – existing page
- Go to Dashboard → Pages → All Pages
- Select one of the existing pages that you want to modify and click on Quick Edit
- Check Templates options, choose one of the available templates and click on Update
- Once it’s done, click on the Apply button
Second scenario – new page
- Go to Dashboard → Pages → Add New
- After adding a New Page it will automatically open the editor
- Go to Page Attributes and expand. Then choose one of the options available for the page template