Our support team is always motivated to help you as much as possible. Remote diagnosis via e-mail is not always sufficient. In such cases, it may be helpful to grant our support access to your website’s dashboard. Of course, this access should be temporary and of course you can rely on the confidentiality and seriousness of our staff.
Option 1: Use a plugin to easily enable temporary access
The most secure way to give access to our support staff is temporary access with limited rights. Good news: there is a good plugin that makes this easy.
How do you use the plugin?
- Open the dashboard of your WordPress website
- Navigate to Plugins
- Search in the search for Temporary Login Without Password
- Install and activate the plugin
- After activation: Go to Users → Temporary Logins.
- Click on Create New and add the email address of the support staff.
- Activate the following settings:
Expiry: One week
- After you have done that, send the temporary login to our support staff.
Option 2: Create an admin user account via the WordPress user management
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Users → Add New. Use the username support and email address of the support staff.
- Set a password
- Send the login credential over to our support staff
Whenever you update any plugin, theme or WordPress you must clear your browser and site cache to help avoid any potential cache related bugs.