What you need to know about refund requests
- Our refund policy was made to be transparent so your experience is as smooth as possible and gives you a “fair go” by using a baseline standard
- A refund request will be sent either to the item’s author or the Envato Help Team to review. All refund requests for items that are not on ThemeForest or CodeCanyon are sent directly to Envato.
- If your refund request is declined by the author and you disagree with their decision, you can raise a dispute to have our Help Team investigate the claim.
- If you’re looking for more information, we’ve created a more in-depth guide called How do refunds work?
Before requesting a refund
- Read the item’s installation guide and documentation
- Check the item’s comments page, as you may find a solution to your issue there
- Contact the author via the Support tab on the item page (if the item is supported)
- Ensure the item is being used for its intended function and purpose (check the item description), Eg. is the item meant to be compatible with your WordPress software version?
- Search our Help Center for the issue you are experiencing
- Review our Envato Market Refund Rules to check if you are eligible for a refund
How to request a refund